Whole30 Brekkie Crumble
This recipe is simple, healthy and absolutely delicious. I used to eat oatmeal every morning and after starting Whole30 I was looking for something that had a similar taste and satiated those same carby cravings, but that was healthy and protein packed to kick off the day. This is a perfect compromise and you don’t have the sugar crash after eating it.
This was my solution and it’s what I call the Brekkie Crumble: Vic’s Style.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 min and great for on the go or prepping the night before.
Mix the below…
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites (I use the liquid kind for the whites)
- 1/2 ripe banana (save the other 1/2 for a topping)
- 1/8 cup coconut cream (optional)
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened almond milk (you may have to add more later if too thick)
- Add in 1 heaping tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1 heaping tbsp of flaxseed
- Add cinnamon (to taste) – can also use pumpkin spice seasoning if it’s the season and add in some pumpkin 😉
- 3 tbsp of coconut flour (i used trader joes) – just read the ingredients and make sure there are no added sugars
- Stir! It should be a consistency of pancake batter. and add more milk if too thick.
- Heat Ghee (clarified butter) on a non-stick pan
- Pour batter into pan – don’t worry about having to flip it. You’ll flip it in pieces and just make sure it is cooked through (similar to scrambled egg)
- Top with almond butter drizzle, 1/2 banana, and any other fruit
If not on Whole30, you can think about adding vanilla extract to your batter and topping with a light drizzle of maple syrup or jelly/jam of choice. I prefer the Whole30 option 😉